Friday, June 19, 2009

Butakimudon (Pork Kimchi Domburi)

I'm proud to present my first recipe ever: ぶたきむ丼!

I have a confession to make... Before coming to Japan I wasn't able to cook anything except rice. But after starting to live in a gaijin house, I couldn't keep eating only bento (Japanese boxed lunch), so I had to finally ignite the gas cooker and devise something to nourish myself with.

I experimented a lot with rice and various ingredients, but what I really wanted to do was come up with something quick and easy to make.

A friend of mine told me that buta-kimchi is easy to prepare, so I thought I'd give it a shot. To be honest, I didn't have any idea what it was like so I improvised—I was also too lazy to look it up on the Internet. I coated the frying pan with sesame oil, fried some shreds of pork in it, and emptied a pack of kimchi into it. Finally, I laid the concoction as topping on rice.

Ingredients:
  • kimchi (sweet and preferably not too sour)
  • pork
  • leek
  • sesame oil
  • rice

Preparation:
  1. Cook rice.
  2. Pour the sesame oil into a frying pan.
  3. Cut the pork in small shreds, and fry them in the pan.
  4. Cut the leek in short strips, and put them into the pan along with the kimchi.
  5. Fry for a minute or two at medium heat.
  6. Put rice into a bowl and lay the contents of the frying pan on top of the rice. Eat.

1 comment:

Sherlyとか  空/SORAとか said...

Well, at least you can cook? XDD

....*raises hand* I'm a girl, and I can't cook anything at all (except if you count boiling eggs, boiling water and make instant stuffs as "cooking")


....oh man, I'm doomed. D:

(btw, I'm Sora ^^U)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post